Making An Impact Damage Insurance Claim

The most common impact damage involves destruction to domestic or commercial buildings, including houses and businesses such as factories, warehouses, offices or their contents by a third party or the insured’s own vehicle. Impact damage caused by forklift trucks within and around commercial premises is also very common.

A lorry has crashed into a pub and caused impact damage.Impact damage insurance claims to buildings can range from cosmetic cracking on walls to complete or partial demolition of the structure. Depending on the circumstances, a recovery of the ultimate outlay can be pursued against responsible third parties.

Immediately following impact damage to buildings or other property Property Claims Loss Assessors (PCLA) will act as your expert claims advisor and will offer guidance and assistance with the arrangement of emergency repairs to make the building safe and watertight and to ensure that mains services are safely terminated or resumed.

We assist all our clients by preparing a schedule of the loss, discussing any appropriate salvaging measures, and finally presenting your insurance claim in a professional manner and negotiating settlement with insurers or their loss adjusters on your behalf.

When should I call the insurance company after I have impact damage?

You should contact PCLA as soon as possible and before you contact your insurance company. As professional loss assessors, it is our job to make sure your claim is submitted properly and as fast as possible. However, If you have already contacted your insurer, PCLA can still be appointed at any stage of the claim.

How do you deal with an insurance company after an impact damage incident?

PCLA take the stress out of dealing with insurance companies. It’s our job to liaise with the insurance company on your behalf. We’ll keep you up to date on the progress of your claim. You can contact us at any time to discuss your case.

PCLA will notify the insurer of your loss and arrange to meet with their appointed Loss Adjuster. As qualified Building Surveyors, PCLA have the skill and expertise to assess any damage that has been sustained to your property.

We compile fully costed schedules of the damage which form the basis of the claim which we use in the negotiation with your insurer. There is nothing for you to do and PCLA take away all the stress of
dealing with your insurer.

Get Support From PCLA

Being structural in nature, impact damage cases can be quite complex. Property Claims Loss Assessors (PCLA) are made up of qualified Building Surveyors who can fully assess any damage to the property and identify the necessary ways to reinstate it.

We are trained to notice damage that may not be apparent to the naked eye, especially potential significant damage that may compromise the structural integrity of the item affected.

How do I make an impact damage insurance claim?

Impact damage has caused damage to this wall. If you've been affected by impact damage please contact PCLA.The easiest way to make an impact damage claim is to get PCLA to do it for you. Our team manages the claims process on your behalf, so you do not have to.
PCLA will check your insurance policy documents to confirm the cover you have in place. We will undertake surveys of your property to identify the full extent of damage caused by the impact.

We can also arrange for emergency works to be undertaken such as temporary repairs to stabilise and secure the property affected.

If you appoint PCLA as soon as possible, we can start building your case and answering your questions. We will present your claim in the best way possible to ensure you receive your full entitlement under the terms of your policy.

How do impact damage claims work?

The first thing you need to do is appoint PCLA to act on your behalf. PCLA will notify your insurance company to start your claim. Our team of professional loss assessors will handle the entire claims process for you. Our aim is to ensure your claim is handled as efficiently as possible meaning your property can be reinstated as soon as possible.

What happens when I have an impact damage claim?

After you appoint PCLA they review your policy and, if cover is in place, will contact the insurance company to notify them of the incident. The insurer may ask for a report detailing the full extent of damage caused by the impact, PCLA can provide this if needed.

If a Loss Adjuster is appointed by the insurer, PCLA will liaise with them and present them with all claim details required. PCLA will meet with the Loss Adjuster on site if necessary to go over the circumstances of the loss and damage. PCLA will compile a fully costed schedule of claim using current market rates based on the damage evidenced to the property, meaning there is no need for you to obtain builders quotations to present to your insurer. PCLA will then negotiate the best possible settlement for you under the terms of your insurance policy.

How do I make sure I get what my policy entitles me to?

Contact PCLA as soon as possible. We will assess the damage to your property, cost the works required and negotiate with your insurer. That is why, with PCLA acting on your behalf, we can ensure you get everything you are entitled to under your insurance policy.

Should you use a Loss Assessor?

Making an insurance claim is very time consuming and often frustrating. At PCLA, we know from experience that the insurance claims process can be extremely frustrating. We’re here to help. As experienced loss assessors we work on your behalf to manage the entire claim process, so you do not have to, and to ensure you receive everything you are entitled to.

Why are impact damage claims rejected?

It is important to read the terms and conditions of your insurance policy to understand what is and is not covered. PCLA have expert knowledge to guide you in the best way possible through your insurance claim.

How long does it take to settle an impact damage insurance claim?

A car has crashed into a house causing major impact damage.Impact damage claims can be quite complex. The insurance company will usually require a report from a qualified professional to confirm the extent of the damage noting the structural integrity of the item or items affected.

If needing to be demolished, costings and method statements may be required. In some instances, insurers may require the input of a structural engineer to give their opinion on the damage.

However, with PCLA working on your behalf we can take away the stress and hassle and deal with the case from start to finish on your behalf.

PCLA will liaise with your insurer and ensure your claim is dealt with promptly and fairly. All aspects of the claim are handled by PCLA and we work on your behalf to ensure the process is as seamless and stress free as possible.

We offer help and advice for all instances of Commercial or Domestic Property Damage. Use the links below to learn more about how a loss assessor can take the stress out of your insurance claim.